A Common mistake a home buyer will make, in many instances, is looking in the wrong way at the wrong things, which ultimately costs them money. As a home buyer, you should look at things differently than the casual visitor would. I have listed 5 mistakes a home buyer will often make as they evaluate homes to purchase.
- Don't make your home buying decision based on the the great or not so great color scheme. You may be missing a great home buy that a coat of paint will cure.
- Home buyers aren't buying the furnishings! Take your eyes off the furniture, look at the house.
- Don't buy with your nose. A funky smell can be a warning sign of dampness or mold but the smell of smoke or a wet dog can save a home buyer thousands and it's an easy fix.
- Home buyers are not the Fort Worth tidy police. Try to separate dirt from damage. Certainly the level of cleanliness is an indication of home maintenance but again the sellers neglect may offer you a real opportunity for a great buy.
- Come back and check out the neighborhood in the evening or Sunday afternoon to see how many cars are parked in the street or how many backyard parties are going on.